Sunday, May 25, 2014

Losing My Religion

Losing My Religion

Politics should be boring. It should be populated by nondescript men and women who make decisions based on intelligence and wisdom and compassion. It should not be a carnival of pseudo reality show contestants in a mad dash to the bottom of the well of sensibility and reason.

Therefore, I have decided to convert to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster until such time as Christianity ceases to be a political entity supporting (by proxy) fascist demagogues, institutionalized racism, and the proliferation of gun violence and anti-intellectualism.

I am willing to bet my eternal soul that Jesus would not condone the current state of the church that uses his name. The organization and the villains that hide behind it have no relation to the lessons of mercy, forgiveness, and charity that I was taught as a child and I can no longer be a party to it.

You may now refer to me as a "Pastafarian".

Please, pass the garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment