Monday, January 8, 2018

The Evolution of My Portable Writing Bag


Writing Bag Mark I

I have been working on a novel called "The People's Republic of Retail" for four years and in that time I have completed four chapters. I work as a bookseller at B&N and the other day I came across a book called "Failed Writers". It scared the bejeezus out of me. I never give up, but sometimes I review the way I do things and "adjust" my methods and goals. I have a giant Toshiba Laptop at home that I affectionately refer to as "The Wedge". When I pack it away in my standard writing bag, along with various notebooks, stationary supplies, and other accouterments, I find myself wishing I could employ the services of a Sherpa. I have decided to make a portable writing bag - one that will allow me to utilize the time before work to write without destroying my lumbar region. The bag itself is a hunter green and faux leather brown (my favorite color combination) Messenger Bag from B&N purchased with my employee discount. Here is what it contains:

1. Lego Camera with USB cord
2. Toshiba Netbook NB200 with Neoprene Sleeve
3. Electronic Franklin Merriam-Webster Dictionary/Thesaurus (which needs a battery)
4. iHome Mini Cordless Mouse
5. American Flag Mouse Pad
6. Stormtrooper Memory Stick
7. Internet Password Logbook
8. 1 Pilot G-2 07 Red Ink Pen
9. 1 Berol Blue Highlight Pen
10. The Novelist's Notebook by Laurie Henry
11. 1 Mead 5 Star Notebook packed with essential notes
12. 1 Ticonderoga Erasable Carmine Red 425T Pencil
13. 1 Bic Atlantis Neon Green Pen
14. 3 Zebra 5-301 BP Pens - 1 Black, 1 Blue & 1 Red
15. 26 Curad Alcohol Wipes
16. 1 Dust Free Cloth
17. 1 Mead 100% Recycled 2 Subject Notebook
18. Packet of Notes (about 48 pages) relevant to Ch. 5 of my novel - Hole Punched, Reinforced & Ring Bound.
19. 1 Sony Walkman NWZ-E465 MP3 Player with 2,180 Songs
20. 4 AAA Duracell Copertop Batteries
21. 1 Pair of QFX Blue Earbuds. Not a fan of these. They greatly diminish the amount of space used, but the loss of sound quality is appalling. Thinking about lugging my good headphones separately. 


Writing Bag Mark II



and finally...




Writing Bag Mark III

No comments:

Post a Comment